How to Enter...
Just post your pics on our facebook group with 'Competition Entry' as the title and tag Ross Hockham in it. The idea is to get you out looking up, trying different things, learning and having fun.
Its completely free to enter but only one pic a month is allowed, each month will have a different category announced on our FB.
Please also add as much info on the subject, where to find it, what it is and the equipment you took it with as you can to help others learn.
Each month is categorised to make it more fun, with a good range of subjects so theres something for everyone from the professional to the amateur to enjoy!
The Prizes -
The overall winner each month will win a UK Astronomy Calendar with their image printed on the month they won after the year is up.
There will be 2 runners up each month who will have the chance to have their image entered into the Calendar for December.
Winning photographs and runners up will also be exhibited in a gallery the followling year, details will be posted in the FB group.
Dominic Guerney has sponsored all the prints via Epson for which we are very thankful.
Terms & Conditions of Entry (boring bit)
• The competition is open to ALL amateur and professional photographers.
• Entries will be accepted from 1 January until the closing date on 31st December of each year.
• You may submit one photo per month so choose wisely.
• Winning Digital Entries must be between 3MB and 10MB.
• The winners will be chosen by UKAstronomy judges and our decision is final lol.
• Winners will be notified at end of the month and in January the following year the prizes will be sent to the winners.
All participants will be invited to the exhibition.
• Copyright of images will remain with the photographer, but UK Astronomy politely claims the right to exhibit the entries and to use them in publicity material to promote UK Astronomy and/or its photography competition. For this purpose UKAstronomy respectively claims the right to edit or use images in combination with others.
• Photographs must be the original work of the entrant.
• Please ensure that images do not feature any identifiable people. (The space selfies Category will allow this)
We're looking forward to receiving your best pictures, most of all have fun!