How to Enter -
Its completely free to enter but only one pic a month is allowed, just post your pics on our facebook group with 'Competition Entry' as the title and tag Ross Hockham in it.
Please also add as much info on the subject, where to find it, what it is and the equipment you took it with as you can.
Each month will be categorised to make it more fun, with a good range of subjects so theres something for everyone to enjoy!
The Prizes -
The overall winner each month will win a UK Astronomy Calendar with their image printed on the month they won after the year is up.
There will be 2 runners up each month who will have the chance to have their image entered into the Calendar for December.
Winning photographs and runners up will also be exhibited in our local museum in Olney throughout 2019.
Dominic Guerney has sponsored all the prints via Epson for which we are very thankful.
Terms & Conditions of Entry (boring bit)
• The competition is open to ALL amateur and professional photographers.
• Entries will be accepted from 1 January until the closing date on 31st December 2018.
• You may submit one photo per month so choose wisely.
• Winning Digital Entries must be between 3MB and 10MB so that files can be e-mailed to UKastronomy@hotmail.com, Please put your name as the subject of the email to be printed for calendar and gallery.
• The winners will be chosen by UKAstronomy judges' Ross Hockham, Mick Scott, Francesca Hockham, and our decision is final lol.
• Winners will be notified at end of the month and in January 2019 prizes will be sent to the winners. All participants will be invited to an exhibition in 2019 in Olney, Buckinghamshire and anywhere else they may be presented.
• Copyright of images will remain with the photographer, but UK Astronomy politely claims the right to exhibit the entries and to use them in publicity material to promote UK Astronomy and/or its photography competition. For this purpose UKAstronomy respectively claims the right to edit or use images in combination with others.
• Photographs must be the original work of the entrant.
• Please ensure that images do not feature any identifiable people. (The space selfies Category will allow this)
We're looking forward to receiving your best pictures, most of all have fun!
"Because theres are a billion worlds in your back garden...