Only one e-mail per member so double check your answers before you send your e-mail.
Answers will be verified by at least 2 UK Astronomy members.
At the end of each month the names of everyone with ALL 20 correct answers will be posted on UK Astronomy as a new post.
If we receive a minimum 20 entrants there might be a bonus prize added to that months winnings.
In front of each name there will be a number so for e.g. if there are 15 people all with the correct answers then you will be numbered from 1 to 15 in no particular order of names.
A random number generator will then choose one of the numbers and a screenshot of the winning number along with all the correct answers will then be posted naming and tagging the winner.
At the end of the year every quiz winner will receive one of our fantastic calendars with all the great images from our monthly photo competition throughout the year absolutely FREE. Plus various other prizes.
1. Earth is the 3rd planet from the Sun, true or false.
2. How many days does it take Earth to revolve round the Sun once.
3. Earths Lithosphere is made up of how many layers.
4. Earths outer core at an estimated 2900km thick is made up from what type of element.
5. To the nearest degree, what is Earths Obliquity.
6. To the nearest mile, what is the equatorial circumference of Earth.
7. Excluding Argon, Carbon Dioxide & Water Vapour what other elements make up Earth’s atmosphere.
8. How many years ago is it thought to be that Earth was created.
9. 71% of Earth is covered by what.
10. How many Frigid zones are found on our planet.
11. The Earth’s North & South poles switch places every few hundred thousand years, true or false.
12. Solar winds are deflected in part, by what.
13. How many miles bigger is the Earth’s diameter at the equator than the pole to pole diameter.
14. What is the deepest know point of our planet.
15. Earth’s Perihelion occurs around the 3rd January, true or false.
16. On what date does Earth’s Aphelion occur.
17. In 1 sidereal year, Earth has travelled 400 million miles, true or false.
18. How many Major Tectonic Plates make up part of Earth’s outer crust.
19. What percentage of planet Earth is made up of dry land.
20. Is Earth’s rotation increasing or decreasing.
Remember guys & girls we now need 20 ENTRIES MINIMUM for a bonus prize to be added to the winnings.
How to enter:
Read the questions below and copy or print them off.
Find your answers any way you want.
There will be no need for long stories telling how you found your answers, just your full name and answers will suffice, if you don’t know an answer or can’t find it then take a guess, you never know you might still get it right.
Send your answers with the month you are entering Quiz Answers as the subject line (e.g. Septembers quiz answers) in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the month in list order of the questions;
e.g Mick Scott
3 answer etc.