Only one e-mail per member so double check your answers before you send your e-mail.
Answers will be verified by at least 2 UK Astronomy members.
At the end of each month the names of everyone with ALL 10 correct answers will be posted on UK Astronomy facebook page. In front of each name there will be a number so for e.g. if there are 15 people all with the correct answers then you will be numbered from 1 to 15 in no particular order of names.
A random number generator will then choose one of the numbers and a screenshot of the winning number along with all the correct answers will then be posted naming and tagging the winner.
At the end of the year every quiz winner will receive one of our fantastic calendars with all the great images from our monthly photo competition throughout the year absolutely FREE.
1. How old is our Sun.
2. To human eyes if we could look directly at the sun without any atmosphere, what colour would it be.
3. The sun is 2% other, 28% Helium and 70% what other substance.
4. The sun contains what % of the mass of the solar system.
5. At the sun’s core, energy is created by what type of Fusion.
6. Which planet will be consumed first when the sun expands.
7. How many km’s per second does the sun travel at.
8. Our sun is currently known as a, Red, Yellow or White Dwarf.
9. A sunspot is what form of released energy.
10. The Romans called the sun Sol, what did the Greeks call the sun.
How to enter:
Read the questions below and copy or print them off.
Find your answers any way you want.
There will be no need for long stories telling how you found your answers, just your full name and answers will suffice, if you don’t know an answer or can’t find it then take a guess, you never know you might still get it right.
Send your answers with the month you are entering Quiz Answers as the subject line (e.g. Septembers quiz answers) in an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the end of the month in list order of the questions;
e.g Mick Scott
3 answer etc.