It's boring but here is some stuff that we've got to tell you about...
When you provide us with your name, address, and email address, this information is treated as strictly confidential and will not be sold for any reason. We use this information to respond to requests and to better understand our astronomy buddies.
If you are under 18 years of age, please obtain parental permission before submitting personal information.
So, here's our rules for hanging on our site:
1) For everyone's sake, just assume that everything on the site is copyrighted unless we say it's not. So, you can't use the stuff except how we say you can on this page or anywhere else on the site without our written permission. And like we said before, it's not likely we'll give you permission anyway. In fact, even if we wanted to, the lawyers are likely to veto any deal anyway. So, it's better you don't even ask.
2) While we try to include accurate stuff on the site, we're not promising you it's accurate. In fact, we're not promising you anything except fun and entertainment. Don't call us if there's a problem because we assume no liability or responsibility for errors or omissions on the site.
3) We're not responsible if you're browsing around and the site damages you or your computer or infects it with any nasty viruses. We sure hope that doesn't happen, but if it does, don't call us.
4)Pictures of people or places shown on the site are either our property or someone else's property we're using with their permission. No matter what, it's not your property. You or any of your friends can't use it unless we said you can on this page or somewhere else on the site. So, guess what -- we won't say yes.
5) You'll probably notice that a couple of other sites are linked to ours. While that's cool, it doesn't mean we've looked at all those sites, much less checked them out periodically to see what's going on.
6) We're allowed to change this page or anything else on the site any time we want to. That's because it's ours and we have the geeks who can do it. If we do change the page, then you're stuck with those changes, too, whenever you visit our site.
If this all sounds kind of mean and undiplomatic, you should have seen what the lawyers gave to us in the first place. We had to remind them that human torture and sacrifice was outlawed in the UK. I think we hurt their feelings!!
There now, we're finished, the lawyers are happy, thanks for reading this message. As a reward, grab your scope and go do some stargazing....